Just some interesting bits and pieces I have come across recently:
Flat UI Colors: a neat website that displays a colour palette, allowing you to click on a colour to copy its value to the clipboard. #design
ColorHex #android App: a simple colour picking app that that also allows one to store favourite colours. #design
Latest Android Dashboard Stats: personally, I was surprised to see that as much as 9.9% of devices still fall under the small, ldpi configuration. #android
I recently did a bit of a refresh on some principles and guidelines for object orientated programming:
- Law of Demeter
- Tell, don’t ask: really liked this article. It’s so easy to fall into bad habits and forget how objects are really meant to be used.
- Gorca: a utility package for RESTful go applications on App Engine.
- Home: a simple App Engine application using go and Angular JS.
- RESTful web-services in go: useful information on developing RESTful web-services using Google go.
Anyone interested in developing web-service APIs that need to be consumed by mobile apps and the web, should definitely have a look at Google Cloud Endpoints… I also played around with this cool feature for Java and below are some useful links:
- Hello world example: this example is useful in that it describes how a RESTful service URL can be derived from an endpoint method.
- EndPoint example github project.